To download as a PDF, click here.
In this remake of a childhood classic, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game’s jungle setting, becoming the adult avatars they have chosen. But they discover that you don’t just play Jumanji; you must survive it.
The characters become the most unlikely game avatars. , antithetical to their own personalities. It’s a clever premise that allows for character growth and comedy moments as each character adjusts to their new body, raising some good moral discussion points.
The clip sees the group adjust to their new surroundings and bodies. (Note, there is a a swear word at 00:44:44 from Kevin Hart, which you may wish to mute.)
After the clip, break into small groups to discuss the following questions:
- Is Fridge’s anger towards Spencer justified?
- Have you ever felt uneasy in a group situation (eg at school)?
- Spencer’s increased confidence seems to be linked to his new physical prowess. Are more physically imposing people generally more confident?
- What sort of issues do you think this group might face in the future?
Read 1 Samuel 16 together and discuss:
- How do you think verse 7 might link to Spencer in Jumanji?
- Why do you think God chose David?
- Do you think society puts too much emphasis on outward appearance?
- Should Christians make an extra effort to look good to make faith more appealing?
- If God knows our hearts, does that mean he invades our privacy?
- Should God give us an element of secrecy that we are allowed to keep to ourselves?
You may want to do a whole group feedback session afterwards to share ideas.
Supporting documentsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 0.2 mb